2008-12-06

Dell joins Carbon Neutral fad

I saw this and just couldn't resist a prank chat. I think my views on the whole carbon neutral thing are summed up well in the following text from the prank.

12:51:59 PM Customer zerothis baud
Initial Question/Comment: ********.***@gmail.com
12:52:09 PM System System
You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
12:52:09 PM System System
Connected with BE_SL_*******
12:52:23 PM Customer zerothis baud
hello?
12:52:49 PM Agent BE_SL_*******
Thank you for choosing Dell's Sales Chat! My name is ****, and I'll be your personal sales consultant. How can I assist your purchase today?
12:52:54 PM Customer zerothis baud
I just wanted to say how great the plant a tree program is! I can plant trees to remove CO2 equal to the amount I produce!
12:54:10 PM Agent BE_SL_*******
Thanks for that. Is there anything I can help you with today?
12:54:19 PM Customer zerothis baud
It's like buying an indulgence, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/indulgence>. As long as I can afford trees or indulgences, I can go right on polluting and sinning! Thanks Dell, you enabled me to be a much more prolific polluting sinner!
12:55:00 PM Agent BE_SL_*******
You're very welcome. Thanks for calling Dell and have a Great Holiday!

Well, the prank could have gone better if the rep, like fish, had been in a more bittin' mood. But the point was to express my thoughts of the program so I'm happy with the result.

No comments: